Saturday, January 16, 2010

An Email from Hu Shuli, or Caing.com

It looks like Hu Shuli's new website Caing.com has inherited the customer email list from her previous magazine Caijing. I subscribed to Caijing's newsletter when Hu was the editor there; yesterday I was pleased to receive my first email from Caing.com. I have been looking forward to reading Hu's new magazine Century Weekly on line.

The new issue of Century Weekly has the Li Zhuang case as its cover story, with some intriguing details not seen in other reports, for example Li Zhuang's two encounters with Wang Lijun, the Chongqing police head credited for carrying out the crackdown on gangsters.

I'm a bit puzzled by the website's English (or pinyin) name. Why Caing.com, not Caixin.com, since Hu's new company is named Caixin? I don't think it's a typo.

No comments: