Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tibet Photos

During the May holiday period two weeks ago, my traveling sister Maple took the train to Tibet for the first time. She has written many fascinating travelogs, some of which I've translated and posted on this space. You can find them in the "travelogue" category. While I'm waiting for her new piece, let me share a few beautiful photos she took.

Namjagbarwa Peak, the 15th highest peak in the world


Yarlung Zangbo River, the highest major river in the world


A Tibetan boy


Jokhang Temple ((Dazhao Si)


The Potala Palace

(All photos by Maple Xu, ©Copyright 2009, Maple Xu)

3 comments:

alfaeco said...

Looks more pristine than the Alps.

Matthew said...

Those are beautiful photos. It's too bad I never made it to Tibet. I guess I'll have to wait for some vacation time to get out there (though next trip will be to Xinjiang).

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look like the Dalai Lama's "hell on earth."