Monday, December 3, 2007

"Inside-Out China" Is Out of China

My younger sister, or anyone in China for that matter, can't access my blog. I was afraid this was going to happen. This summer when I visited China, I was unable to access any of my writer friends' blogs on Blogger. Apparently Beijing has blocked our host's IP(s). Writers who host their blogs on their own do not have this problem.

I see this broad brush blocking as a challenge to the commercial providers.

Blogger, can you come up with a clever strategy so that people from the most populous country on the planet can read our posts?


Alan said...

To solve this problem, just type and your password into Blogger's FTP interface, to move the blog over there. Assuming your sister can see, that is...


Xujun Eberlein said...

Thanks, Alan. Unfortunately, I don't have the FTP option. I guess that's only available for the classic template.